In consideration of the mutual promises contained, herein, RCL and the User agree as follows:
- Protected Health Information or PHI: Any information in a medical record that can be used to identify an individual, and that was created, used, or disclosed in the course of providing a healthcare service, such as diagnosis or treatment. PHI includes patient-identifiable clinical and demographic information in any form (electronic, paper, or oral).
- Treatment: The provision, coordination, or management of healthcare and related services by one or more healthcare providers, including the coordination and management of healthcare by a healthcare provider with a third-party; consultation between healthcare providers relating to a patient; or the referral of a patient for healthcare services from one healthcare provider to another.
- User: The individual who is authorized to have access to the OpenMRSHealthAdm EMR service.
- TERMS OF ACCESS
- Information, including Protected Health Information, accessed and/or retrieved from the EMR, is intended only for the review and/or use of the authorized user for legitimate business needs. Access and/or retrieval of information from the EMR for any other purpose is expressly prohibited.
- The User’s access to the EMR will be recorded electronically, and EMR access and use may be audited by RCL and/or an outside auditing authority at any time on a random basis or for the cause. Users consent to having all, or any part of, their use of and access to HealthAdm recorded, audited or reviewed at any time.
- AGREEMENTS AND CONDITIONS OF ACCESS AND USE
In consideration for use of the EMR, The User agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- To access Protected Health Information for treatment and healthcare service delivery purposes; for non- treatment purposes, the User will access the minimum amount of information needed.
- To not share or give his/her authentication credentials (USERID or password) to any other individual, or to fail to take appropriate measures to safeguard his/her authentication credentials.
- To not use or disclose Protected Health Information other than as permitted or as required by law.
- To use appropriate safeguards and practices to prevent use or disclosure of the Protected Health Information other than as provided for in this Agreement, including but not limited to the following:
- User will not download or copy/paste medical records to a computer or external device.
- If documents are printed for patient care, they should be kept secure while in use and shredded when no longer needed.
- Patient information may not be left displayed on the computer screen. The user will log out of the application before leaving the computer.
- To mitigate, to the extent practicable, any harmful effect that is known to The User of a use or disclosure of Protected Health Information in violation of the requirements of this Agreement.
- To promptly report any perceived misuse or wrongful disclosure of PHI of which he/she has become aware, which would constitute a violation of the terms outlined in this Agreement to our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- To comply with all applicable national laws and regulations which protect the confidentiality of Protected Health Information. Additionally, to not act or fail to act in a way that would cause RCL to be noncompliant with applicable national laws or regulations which protect the confidentiality of PHI.
- To promptly notify all relevant RCL Management and our Privacy Officer when changes occur in his/her practice or job duties which would eliminate or materially affect his/her status or stated justification for access to RCL instance of the OpenMRSHealthAdm EMR system.
COMPLETION OF HIPAA EDUCATION
RCL reserves the right to immediately terminate this Agreement and discontinue access to the HealthAdm EMR system at any time for any reason.
The User shall be responsible for any breach of this Agreement, whether by The User or by The User’s agents, representatives, or employees. The User shall defend, indemnify, and hold RCL, harmless from all damages, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) resulting from such breach.
You understand and agree that past performance by RCL is not necessarily a guide to the future. The value of investments and income received from investments may decrease or increase, depending on other circumstances. An investor seeking to invest due to any information viewed on this website should only do so after speaking with a financial adviser.
Data Protection/ Privacy Issues
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: Used to operate our service.
- Preference Cookies: Used to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: Used for security purposes
For your convenience, RCL may include external links or external information on this website. If external articles, links and information are provided on this website, while RCL believes that said content is reliable, RCL does not guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of said content. Furthermore, RCL does not endorse, guarantee, approve, certify, control and cannot be held responsible for any third-party content that may be accessed through this website, since said content may contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by other persons, institutions or organizations that are independent of RCL. Your decision to access that external content is voluntary, and reliance upon said content, is at your own risk.
Intellectual Property Rights
This website may contain copyrighted works, trademarks and other proprietary materials that are owned by RCL or the company’s content providers. You agree that you may use the information provided in this website solely for informational proposes. You understand and agree that you are permitted to print copies of pages from this website for your personal use, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or service mark notice or attribution as they appear on the pages you have printed. As provided above, RCL may provide third party data on this website. The availability of such third-party data shall not be used as a substitute for a license or services agreement directly with the relevant content provider.
Except as previously mentioned, you understand and agree that you will not copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, display, store, sublicense, transfer or distribute material or images from this website without RCL’s express written permission. Furthermore, you are prohibited from modifying, altering, revising, paraphrasing, omitting, or changing in any other manner not earlier mentioned, any material or images on or from this website without RCL’s express written permission.
You are prohibited from creating derivative works, whether based in whole or in part upon the information on this website or any portion, thereof, without RCL’s express written permission. You shall not modify, amend, reduce the size of or in any way obscure any warning, notice, liability limitation or other license provision in material or images on or
from this website. Nothing contained on this website and/or the services offered by RCL should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels or otherwise any license or right in and to RCL’s trademarks or copyrighted materials.
Exclusions of Liability (Indemnification and Disclaimer)
You shall not enter into any form of settlement agreement which affects the rights of any of the Indemnified Parties or requires the taking of any action by any of the Indemnified Parties, without RCL’s prior written consent.
In addition, RCL expressly disclaims any liability, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your accessing or using or inability to access or use this website or your reliance on any content published on this website, or any failure of performance, interruption, defect, delay in transmission, computer viruses or other harmful components, or line or system failure associated with this website, the internet or the world wide web, regardless of RCL’s knowledge, thereof. Consequently, RCL excludes all liability for direct and indirect losses, thereby caused or contributed to.